Integrated ADSL2/ADSL2+ Bridge/Router for ADSL2/2+ Customer Premises Equipment
Ikanos’ Vulcan™ GS8120xxxx is a full-rate, full bridging and routing performance ADSL Ethernet modem chipset. The digital device integrates a communications processor, 10/100 Ethernet media access control (MAC), USB 1.1 compliant interface, xDSL DSP, and Reed-Solomon memory. The analog chip integrates an analog front end (AFE), line driver, along with transmit and receive amplifiers. In addition, the Vulcan chipset supports small memory footprint designs for cost optimized ADSL to Ethernet for bridge application. The combined integration in this two-chip solution significantly reduces the overall system cost.
Download the Vulcan GS8120xxxx product brief (PDF).
- Standards compliant: ITU G.992.5 (ADSL2+), ITU G.992.3 (G.DMT.bis), G.992.1 (G.DMT), ITU G.992.2 (G.Lite), ITU G.992 Annex A, Annex B, and ANSI T1.413 Issue 2
- Firmware upgradable to ADSL2 and ADSL2+
- Single topology supports both Annex A and Annex B
- Memory optimized solutions for SNMP managed bridge, 1/2 Bridge with ZIP-B or fully featured router
- Remote management over EOC, PVC or IP with auto detection of transport channel
For more information on development tools, contact Ikanos sales.