High Speed ADSL+ Chipset with Integrated Wireless LAN
Ikanos’ Solos™-W (CX94610) chipset includes a highly integrated analog front end (AFE) and a single-chip communications processor with 802.11a/b/g MAC and baseband functionality. The Solos-W CX94610 includes all the interfaces required to enable feature-rich broadband access and home networking products.
The optimized Wi-Fi architecture reduces the number of components and improves manufacturing and quality with a repeatable and easily tunable Wi-Fi front end.
At the center of the Solos-W chipset is a high performance ARM™-based RISC processor core, which supports industry standard operating systems such as Linux® as well as Ikanos’ full-featured, advanced ISOS® software suite. To assist the processor, additional hardware engines, including a dedicated WiFi processor, virtual private network (VPN) engine, and hardware ATM SAR, are integrated to support compute intensive tasks. The optimized WiFi architecture also includes an easily tunable WiFi front end.
Download the Solos-W CX94610 product brief (PDF).
- Support for ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+
- Integrated MAC/BB for high speed 802.11 b/g interfaces to Wi-Fi® transceivers and RF front end modules
- Integrated ARM network processor for high performance networking functions
- Integrated power regulators simplify power supply design
- USB 2.0 host/device support provides flexibility for peripheral attachment
- High speed SDRAM interface
- VPN engine supporting DES, 3DES, AES, SHA-1, SHA-256, and MD5 operations
- Open OS support for ISOS, Linux, and third party stacks
For more information on development tools, contact Ikanos sales.