High-Performance FTTH Processors
Ikanos’ Fusiv® Vx170 communications processor was designed expressly for fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) deployments. The product is a system-on-chip, which integrates a control processor, DSP subsystem, security engine, and two GMII Gigabit Ethernet ports for exceptional broadband connectivity. Its powerful MIPS-based™ core and integrated Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities make it ideal for deployments of new services such as IPTV, video on demand (VOD) and online gaming. In addition, the Vx170 employs a unique distributed architecture that incorporates accelerator processor (AP) engines for data path functions, ensuring that the maximum host CPU processing power is available for customer applications.
Download the Fusiv Vx170 product brief (PDF).
- 500 MHz 32-bit MIPS-based™ host processor
- Accelerator processor engines — 6 x 400 MHz
- Integrated DSPs for up to 4 channels of full-chain VoIP
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports (GMII)
- IP-Sec security crypto-engine in hardware
- 32-bit PCI 2.2 interfaces
- 2 USB 2.0 interfaces
- FusivWare™ software
- Evaluation Systems
- Reference Designs
- Applications Notes
- Complete Software Suite
For more information on development tools, contact Ikanos sales.