Integrated VDSL2/ADSL Gateway Chipsets
Ikanos’ Capri™ CX96xxx family of VDSL2 chipsets are optimized to address a variety of triple play products ranging from voice-enabled gateways to basic network bridges. The Capri chipsets integrate a power ARM® network processor enabling up to one Gigabit data throughput. It also has flexible xDSL DSP core architecture supporting VDSL2 up to profile 17a, PTM bonding using two twisted pair cables for extended rate/reach applications, and a field-proven voicd DSP engine for VoIP. The chipsets are ideal for customer premises equipment (CPE) systems such as VDSL bridges, wireless VDSL routers and VDSL VoIP Integrated Access Devices (IADs). The Capri product family includes the CX96629, CX96429 and CX96420 chipsets.
Download the Capri CX96xxx Family product brief (PDF).
- Flexible VDSL2 DSP core architecture, delivering Profiles 8x, 12x, 17a and 30a with long reach
- 2-pair VDSL2 bonding up to profile 12x
- ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ fallback
- Two VOIP channels running in internal voice DSP
- Supports up to 4 VoIP channels
- 16/32 bit DDR-1 interface
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet MAC with GMII, MII and TBI interfaces
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC with MII interface
- Integrated PCI interface with 32-bit x 33 MHz
- USB 2.0 interface via ULPI with host and device mode capability
- Up to 1GB NAND flash support
- Hardware Engine handling all Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing including Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Hardware VPN engine supporting DES, 3DES, AES, SHA-1, SHA-256 and MD5 operations
To find out more about the development tools, please fill out the sales inquiry form.