High Density ADSL Central Office Chipsets
Ikanos’ Maxtane™ CX955xx broadband DSL chipsets are ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ central office transceivers enabling advanced triple play services. The chipsets offer features such as enhanced impulse noise protection (INP) and dual interleaving for simultaneous video, voice and data services with appropriate protection for each service.
The advanced features of Maxtane chipsets enable improved service levels for triple play services, including Internet protocol-based television (IPTV), high-speed Internet access, video on demand (VOD), high definition television (HDTV), voice over IP (VoIP), video conferencing, remote office connectivity and telecommuting. Maxtane devices enable feature rich IPTV line card solutions for next-generation exchange (CO), remote unit (DLC/ONU), or multiple dwelling/tenant unit (MxU) applications.
The Maxtane CX95516 includes a 16-port DSP and two Analog Front End (AFE) chips while the Maxtane CX95524 includes a DSP in a 24-port configuration and three AFEs.
Download the Maxtane CX95516/CX95524 product brief (PDF).
- Mask on Demand (MoD) support for superior rate/reach performance
- Dynamic Spectrum Management (DSM) support for better cross-talk performance
- IP DSLAM ready, with built-in AAL5 bridging support and packet interfaces
- On-chip segmentation and reassembly for ATM cell and IP packet convergence
- Packet over DSL (PTM) Mode support
- On-chip bonding for both packet and cell-based applications