Delivering Broadband to Multi-Tenant, Multi-Dwelling Units
Optical Network Terminals (ONUs) provide the critical interface between service providers’ fiber optic networks and the local in-building wiring that extends access to subscribers in multi-tenant and multi-dwelling units (MTUs and MDUs).
Many of these fiber-to-the-basement (FTTB) deployments use VDSL as the in-building transport technology of choice allowing them to dramatically reduce the cost of installation and delivery of revenue-generating services like high-speed data, voice over IP, video on demand, IPTV and other offerings.
Must-have features include:
- Support for multiple xPON implementation standards – EPON, GPON
- High-speed WAN port – up to one Gbps Ethernet connectivity
- Quality of Service – seamless queuing and scheduling
- Performance – up to 100 Mbps symmetrical bandwidth
- Port density – up to 24+ port line cards supported
- Scalable software architecture – easily upgraded to support new features and configurations
Ikanos offers family of integrated central office semiconductors and software that addresses the needs of ONU customer requirements and enable the development of high-performance, triple and quadruple-play offerings.