Enabling High Quality Triple Play Services
Today’s broadband modems are sophisticated devices capable of handling high-speed data, multimedia content and voice over internet protocol (VoIP). These modems need to co-exist with plain-old telephone services (POTS) and ISDN services on the same copper lines. And, they need to use standard based technologies such as Discrete Multi-Tone technology so that they can offer excellent performance even over noisy lines by dynamically adapting the bit rate to conditions on the local loop, alleviating the need for manual testing of line and adjustment of equipment for varying noise conditions.
These modems need to deliver advanced quality of service (QoS) features to ensure timely, high-quality user experiences for all triple-play services.
Must-have features include:
- Performance – data transfer rates up to 100 Mbps
- Standards compliant – VDSL2, ADSL2+
- Quality of Service – advanced quality of service features for triple-play services
- Security – firewall, Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Home networking – Standard Ethernet interfaces
- User installable – Auto provisioning
Ikanos enables this class of device with its industry leading CPE product line.