Delivering Broadband to the Digital Home
Service providers around the world are accelerating delivery of broadband services that are designed to improve average revenue per user (ARPU) but require large amounts of bandwidth. In delivering services such as high-speed data, VoIP and video including high-definition IPTV, these service providers are looking for ways to:
- Improve the lives of their customers;
- Maximize the return on their existing copper networks;
- Effectively leverage new transport technologies like passive optical networks (PON);
- Simplify service provision in urban environments where there are a large concentration of multi-dwelling units; and
- Lower the cost of deployment in homes that subscribe to a number of digital services.
To address these requirements, central office and customer premises equipment must deliver higher density, lower power consumption and greater levels of performance, features and integration than ever before. Ikanos makes this possible in a range of applications including: